Thursday, September 22, 2005

Who's the #1 Stunna?

So, one of my bestest friends in the whole wide world and I constantly get to talking about things that are going to happen in our future lives and the one topic that always comes up is our future respective weddings. Yeah, yeah, yeah... we know we need to date first. But whatever.

Anyway, she has this overwhelming desire to be introduced at the reception and come out to, ...wait for it..., "#1 Stunna" by Mannie Fresh (I think!). Anybody who knows me knows that I so cannot condone this behavior. Call me all prim and proper if you want, but I just couldn't co-sign on this being the first song played after she and her new husband are introduced for the first time anywhere.

So, I agreed to take a poll. You see, we take an outside poll on everything we disagree about. So, I ask you. Can she come out to "#1 Stunna" cuz at the end of the day it's her wedding? Or do I let her know that she is a beautiful, educated, self-respecting black woman and that song is so not how she wants to represent the beginning of her marriage?

So far I've got 2 votes for HELL.TO.THE.NAW!! Including mine!

Whaddayathink?

3 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

As a bride to be who has been to a fofillion weddings this year with varying degrees of assolicious entry music, I vote a resounding NO! Don't let her do it son!

Mannie Fresh and Beyonce (Dangerously in Love, which my sands used repeatedly in her wedding) have no place at grown non-ghetto folks weddings.

11:50 AM, September 23, 2005  
Blogger Amuri said...

IN the words of the great philospher, Whitney Houston, "HELL TO DA NAW!"

10:34 PM, September 27, 2005  
Blogger TD said...

Aww... here I go.
If she's going to use it to come into the RECEPTION - I say... let her use it. I could understand emphatic "No" if she's trying to go up the aisle to it... but the reception is fun time. *shrugs*

Of course... I haven't heard the song... so I'm talking craziness... But my baby and I are coming out to some fun stuff... just so we can laugh.

*

12:04 AM, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home