Monday, August 01, 2005

M.I.A.

I know... I suck.

What can I tell ya? I don't know why I've been neglecting my blog. It's not like I've been away from the computer or anything. It's not for a lack of things to say. I've just been lazy. Story of my life.

I've been meaning at the very least to give my first blog shout out to
Tanesha. I innocently inquired about why she hadn't been blogging lately. So she did, and gave me the cutest shout out. And I've gotten my first comment - thanks Max.

As for life, I'm living it. Since I last blogged, three of my sorors celebrated birthdays. Two of them turned 30. They've got me all excited about when I turn 30. All I've gotta do is make it out of my twenties in one piece! One of them celebrated with the most awesome trip to Puerto Rico (Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!).

I can't begin to describe how much fun I had in PR. That trip couldn't have come at a better time for me. The plantation was driving me crazy and I was two seconds from telling the man to kiss my patooty! But this trip was everything and everything I wanted in a mere 4 days. We're already planning a return trip to see everything we missed the first time around.

The other 30 celebrated with a fantabulous party at a midtown loft. My first loft party. How excited was I. After squeezing myself into my new dress (and oh did I squeeze!), I headed out to what I'd deemed "the wedding reception without the wedding!" complete with invitations and official RSVP cards. J really did it up big. It was good to see a lot of people from my Flying Dutch days. The only drink the bartendar was making was the Tequila Sunrise. Not exactly my drink of choice but I made it happen. Didn't get tipsy (dangit) but there's still 6 weeks left in summer for me to make that happen.

The last birthday girl who joined me at the illustrious age of 28 celebrated with dinner and dancing at
Negril in the Village. I'd been wanting to have dinner at Negril for ages so even though it was her birthday, it was a treat for me. Good food, good company, wack afterparty.

Sunday, I helped usher the family into the new millenium by hooking them up with email addresses. I know, it's 2005. And while I've lived with email and internet for the last 10 years, my mom is still trying to figure out the difference between ISP and http. We've got a long way to go. But she got her first email messages yesterday from my cousin and my aunt, so she was pretty excited. She's not quite sure where to go from here. But at least she's got somewhere to go!

I'll try not to be so neglectful of my blog. But sometimes, I'm so busy reading other people's that I forget that I've got one of my own.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

I do the same thing. Not for lack of stuff to say either cause i've got plenty to say. Anyhoo, Yay I was the first commenter (is that even a word?)!

30 is fun cause it feels like all of the shit about the 20s just fell away and became not so serious. And your peeps did it up right! Glad you got to flee the plantation. The only catch is that you have to go back if you wanna pay bills. Blech!

5:38 PM, August 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home