Monday, July 09, 2007

They always say, be careful what you wish for. You know the adage.

When it's cold, I'm always down at what seems to be a lack of, I don't know, having a life. I go from work to home to work to home to chapter meeting to home to work, repeat cycle. So, now that the summer's here, there just seems to be so much to do, and not enough time, energy or money to do it all.

But I never like to say no. I don't want to miss anything and I don't want to let folks down, so I go. Tired, weary and broke, I go. I enjoy myself, but I'll suffer for it later. I miss the Saturday mornings when I only got up if/when I was hungry. But now, there are things to do, places to be, people to see. I have to set an alarm. ON A SATURDAY!!! That's blasphemous by nature. But I wanted it, I wanted a life. I wanted to be in awe of all the things I have to do. To have to be selective in what I choose to do and what I turn down. A reason to grab my fairly new digital camera and take pics because I can.

But now, I'm tired. And that's not cool. I don't want to be tired. I have a vacation coming in less than 3 weeks. 21 days of not having to set an alarm. Except those day when I have to catch a flight. Because missing a flight, so not cool.

Two weekends left to take care of business before I go. This weekend, hectic. Next weekend, more of the same. No time for me. I never want for me time. Until now. I've got to learn to say no. Otherwise I might yes myself to death, or maybe just the poor house!

1 Comments:

Blogger rebecca said...

Hya babygirl, just read your profile. Just wanted to say how lucky you are been rushed off your feet working hard everyday. I live in ireland and with this recession going on i havent a penny to my name i cant find any work im living off my british bulldog boyfriend( which he keeps reminding me of) and i swear i have to get out of this dreary country.So i know thats sounds really negative nut its hard to be positive in this situation, so when i read what you had to say i was like oh my god shes so lucky! on top of all that you live in one of the most exciting cities in the world. you lucky lucky girl, now quit the moaning im soooooooo jealous right now its actually depressing me.Take care, rebecca.

4:00 PM, January 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home