Friday, June 23, 2006

The Love Experience


Tuesday night I dragged my cousin out to SOB's to see Raheem Devaughn perform. I really wanted to see him perform and he did not disappoint. A nice hour and a half set. I was on my feet the entire time. Of course, I didn't really have a choice since it was standing room only! But the man put on a show. There wasn't a moment when I was bored or distracted. There were the couple of times that my poor feet got stepped by folks who just can't manage to keep still long enough to enjoy the show. They just had to get a drink and dig their 3 inch heels into my poor big toe. And then there was the chick who wanted to lean against the pole, but there just wasn't enough pole for the both of us. Raheem said to throw my "L" in the air and that chick got thrown a bow in the side instead! (hee!hee!) But I had a ball and made my cousin a fan in the process. She bought his CD that night and we stuck around long enough to get hers (and the one I just happened to have in my CD player) signed. And since his bodyguard damn near knocked me over, I even got a publicity photo out of the deal. So, I'll have to see him perform again and get that signed. Feel "The Love Experience" times two!

And to keep in line with the standing room only concert week, I got passes for my mom and my cousin to see Mary J. Blige perform in Bryant Park. I didn't know my mom really like Mary like that but she was just so excited to be there, to see Mary in the flesh. And seeing my baby 18-month-old cousin getting excited to see "Mawy" made my day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Soulfull said...

HI! Sounds like you had a blast! Gosh, I can't wait to see him myself in a few weeks!

2:27 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Max said...

That sounded like a good time. I like SOBs for intimate shows like that.

11:14 AM, June 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home