Thursday, February 23, 2006

I hate incompetence. Detest it with a passion. I hate even more when people are incompetent and don't own up to that shit. At my place of employment, part of my job is to request cash advances for employees going on location shoots. It used to be a standard amount of money no matter how long the trip. But my boss has recently been changing around the amount of money approved for each employee depending on the trip. So she asked me to supply her with the itinerary of trips.

This is what I sent her:
  • Travelling to New Orleans 2/27 and return Wednesday 3/1.

    Travelling to LA on Thursday 3/2 and return Monday 3/6.

This is what she approved:

  • Give her 5 days of per diem and $100 in carfare.

For those of us who took elementary math, the days she approved do not add up to the amount of days the employees will be on the trip. So, they call her to complain, which is fine by me because it's not my fight. I input what I'm told. She calls me up to say that she didn't see the first part of the trip and to approve them for more money. I've already put in the cash advance request. So now, I have to do extra work because you're a fuck-up who makes a shitload more money than I do.

Okay, I digress. She just called and admitted to not having read my email in it's entirety. Now let me be the one. Hell would have no fury. Nobody will remember the bullshit I deal with come time for year-end raises though.

1 Comments:

Blogger Max said...

I feel your pain homes. I work with more dicks than in a pair of boxers. It's so annoying to think of how you're subordinated to an idiot.

*Sigh*

Anyhoo, holla at a sista on that make up list. I'm still looking. Hit me on the email mrsstephenson06(at)gmaildotcom.

7:05 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home