Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Passion

Everyone has a passion. Something they absolutely love. If life works the way it should, you find a way to parlay your passion into an opportunity to make a living.

So what's your passion?

Mine is television. I've been obsessed with TV since I was a child. There is never "nothing" on. I can always find something to watch. A reason to not answer the phone. Something to entertain me so I don't have to get out of bed. My passion for television led to my majoring in journalism in college. Hindsight being what it is, I would've majored in television production.

So, now I work in television. Everyday, 8 hours sometimes 10 making sure my pieces are in place so that shows can air properly. But with every passing day I realize that what I do has nothing to do with my passion for my field.

I enjoy watching television. I enjoy a well put together show. I'm obsessed with reality TV. I need to find a way to get someone to pay me to watch TV.

But what if television is something I enjoy but not my true passion. What else am I passionate about. Can you not be passionate about anything at all? I need direction and I'm not quite sure where I'm going to find it. I want to be excited about getting up in the morning and going to work and making television happen. Unfortunately, every morning I dread the idea more and more with a passion. I'm passionate about needing a new job.

I want to stay in television. I want to work where the action is. Truly putting something together. Having my name attached to the fabulousness that just came across the screen of millions of people each day. I want to learn to be more proactive about living my passion - not just passionate about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home